One thing we’re proud of here at Best Vegan HQ is the sheer amount of protein shakes we test. This review of the SCI-MX Vegan Protein Powder is no different.
Let’s get stuck in!
SCI-MX Nutrition Pro V-Gain Vegan Protein is one of the top plant-based protein shakes in the market. Looking at its premium blend of ingredients, we can attest that this vegan protein powder offers great value for money. Each serving typically comes with around 34g of protein. This is a very good amount of protein compared to other brands, and it makes this vegan protein ideal for a post-workout protein shake.
For those who are looking to increase their dietary protein intake, you won’t go far wrong with the SCI-MX Nutrition Pro Vegan Protein. Besides that, it’s a great addition to any nutritious and balanced diet.
In order to see if the SCI-MX Nutrition Pro V-Gain lives up to its impressive credentials, we tried and tested the protein powder for a couple of weeks, using it as both a pre-workout and post-workout shake.
Main Features of The SCI-MX Nutrition Pro V-Gain
- High protein content: this vegan powder supplement is rich in protein content. It contains an advanced and premium blend of soy, pea, and rice protein. It should be noted that this blend makes it ideal for dieters who don’t consume dairy-based supplements.
- Excellent pre-workout supplement: SCI-MX Nutrition Pro V-Gain significantly increases energy production in the body. We consider it as one of the best products to counter anti-workout fatigue thanks to its high magnesium and vitamin B6 content.
- Enhancing Muscle Growth: high protein content rapidly supports the growth of new muscle mass and helps to maintain existing lean muscle mass.
- Maximised protein synthesis: for optimum development of lean muscle mass, Pro V-Gain Protein Powder contains magnesium and zinc minerals.
- High Concentration of Amino Acids: this supplement contains high amounts of L-glycine, L-arginine, and BCAA’s – hugely beneficial to those following a vegan lifestyle.
- Multipurpose use: this versatile vegan-friendly protein powder serves multiple purposes. You can use it as a pre or post-workout drink. You could also use it as a meal replacement shake or as an additional protein source.
- Zero sugar content.
Ingredients and Nutrition
From our SCI-MX vegan protein review, you will learn that this protein powder exclusively works by using plant-based ingredients. They include the highly effective protein blend of pea, rice, and soy.
In addition to that, the supplement has ModCarb that features a combination of bucket wheat, quinoa, oat bran, and amaranth. Other vital ingredients that enhance its effectiveness are fat-reduced cocoa powder and thickeners such as xanthan gum and guar gum.
In terms of nutrition, SCI MX protein powder has all the essential minerals and vitamins that the body needs.
A 45g serving i.e. one scoop has no sugar but contains 33g of protein, 2.8g of fiber, 3.6g of carbs, and 1.1 g of fat. In addition to those, the supplement has vitamins and minerals such as zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, vitamin B12, and B6.
So, whether you use this protein powder shake as a meal replacement or a snack, it contains all the essential nutrients that the body needs.
Taste and Mixability
Even with its vegan ingredients, this vegan supplement still charms us with its incredible chocolate flavour. It’s also available in strawberry and vanilla, but for this review, we opted for good old chocolate.
It tastes amazing, and none of our team could say a bad word about it.
When mixed with water, the chocolate flavour has a smooth consistency. However, when mixed with water we found it to be generally less creamy, even though the taste still remained great.
When mixed with vegan-friendly milk alternatives, it was taken to a whole new level. We tried mixing it with almond milk as well as oat milk and it’s consistently smooth and rich, no matter what kind of plant-based milk you use.
Note: The mixability of a meal replacement shake is one of the factors that people usually consider. Using a shaker cup, SCI-MX Nutrition Pro V-Gain consistently produced a lump-free and creamy shake. Just make sure that you mix it thoroughly and you will have no issues with it.
When and How to Use
Your best bet is to use this vegan-friendly supplement after your workout session. Besides that, it’s the perfect snack in-between meals to aid muscle recovery (remember, muscle growth occurs outside of the gym). In case you are using it as a meal replacement shake, this powder shake is ideal for use before bedtime and first thing in the morning. We recommend taking up to three servings daily for best results.
Although usability will mostly depend on your own preferences, here is what we recommend:
Take a scoop of the powder and add it to 300ml of water or your preferred plant-based milk. Shake it up for about 10 to 15 seconds. After that, allow the shake to settle for about a minute before you drink it.
The Effectiveness of SCI-MX Vegan Protein Powder
Although this protein powder is not a miracle worker, it certainly delivers great results to those who are consistent with their workouts. Using it regularly with your workout and diet plan will allow to quickly attain your wellness goals.
If you’re looking for a vegan protein powder that is of a high quality and from a reputable company, then look now further. The SCI-MX Nutrition Pro V-Gain is the one for you.
Value for Money
Affordability is an important factor to consider when buying any supplement, but you’ll want to make sure that you balance the cost with a quality vegan protein powder. So, how does the SCI-MX Nutrition Pro V-Gain Protein Powder compare?
The 2.2kg option with a total of 49 servings costs just £23.76. This means that one serving costs around £0.48. Comparing this figure with other types of vegan supplements, SCI-MX Nutrition Pro V-gain is affordable. It offers great value for money thanks to the much lower cost and quality benefits.
Here’s the latest price and availability on Amazon:
- Dairy free and suitable for vegans
- Zero sugar formula
- Enhanced 100 Percent plant based blend
- High protein contributing to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass
- Anti-workout fatigue: Each serving contains vitamin B6, B12 and magnesium to help reduce tiredness and fatigue
It’s not surprising to see that over 65% of people on Amazon UK who have bought and used this vegan protein powder have left it a 5-star rating. The effectiveness of this protein powder, its amazing taste and affordability simply make it stand out above the crowd.
On top of that, it has a great mixability and produces a smooth consistency regardless of the type of liquid you use.
Our recommendation? The SCI-MX Nutrition Pro V-Gain is an incredible protein powder that perfectly balances quality ingredients, protein content and cost.